The Francophone Foundation for Diabetes Research – FFRD, is committed to being accountable to its donors and partners in a clear, transparent and rigorous way.
Recognized as being of public interest, the FFRD follows procedures and obeys strict controls which ensure the quality of its management and allow its partners and donors to be kept informed of the use of all donations.
The FFRD must offer total transparency on the use of its funds, that’s why:
- A government commissioner (Prefect) sits on its Board of Directors and attends all its meetings (twice a year).
- Accountants, chartered accountants and auditors monitor and audit annually the accounts of the Foundation.
- All activity and financial reports are available, in a transparent way, on our website.
The FFRD follows procedures that guarantee independence and impartiality:
- The projects are submitted to international experts, outside the Scientific Council, for evaluation.
- The Scientific Council is composed of well-known professors in diabetology and endocrinology whose mandates are valid for 4 years.
- The Scientific Council rules on the projects after having conducted hearings of the pre-selected candidates.
- The Scientific Council is based, in all impartiality, on 5 main criteria for selecting excellence projects: originality, competitiveness on the international level, feasibility, cohesiveness of the project and financial appropriateness.